Wednesday 13 June 2012

C'mon, jack your doggie

Every now and then, you get a moment when all you want to do is just sit quietly and maybe read. Well, so it was with Julie and myself one afternoon recently.
A Sunday, as I recall.
It's nice, to just sit and be happy in each other's company, even though you aren't doing anything in particular. Julie was reading a book, and I was feeling a little under the weather,* so I was having a nap in the armchair.
Gradually, I became aware of a noise coming from next door. I lifted my head sleepily and cast a quizzical glance at the appropriate wall. Julie notice this and felt moved to explain.


Okay - not sleepy any more! Confused as hell, but not sleepy...
Needless to say, it was definitely a neighbour using a vacuum cleaner..

* I've always wondered about that phrase. Of course I was under the weather. If I was above it, I'd need a bloody space suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment