Thursday 10 March 2011

Up, up and away in my beautiful... athletics event??

The general knowledge board game Trivial Pursuit (here's a link for those unfamiliar with it) is usually a fun way to while away the time. In our case, it has the added bonus of Julie's random little comments.
Just to make things clear, my wife's grasp of geography is only slightly poorer than her knowledge of particle physics as is applied to the chaos theory. Obviously then, any guesses are likely to be somewhat awry of the truth.

However, I must be fair here. Most of us, when faced with a question to which the answer is a mystery, most of us will say something like, "pffff - I dunno." Such a mundane response is not for Julie. No, she'll take a stab in the dark - with a corkscrew, usually.



Finished reeling from the bizarre logic of Julie's suggestion? I don't know about you, but if I was to make a silly guess, I would have said, "fly the Enterprise?"* Well, for those of you that may be interested, Piccard and Jones were the first to fly around the world by hot-air balloon.

*and yes, I'm fully aware that Jean-Luc still would have been wildly inaccurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment