Friday 15 July 2011

Trivial Pursuit Week II: Anachronistic cheats in ancient Greece

Every now and then, Julie will come out with a Gem that goes that extra mile. You'll be there thinking that's it - she can't get any worse now... when all of a sudden, BAM! It does. Usually, when she does this, it's the beginning of a ramble, one I have no way of writing down (I must look into shorthand), unless I'm very lucky.
On rare occasions, Julie will stop after the second blow - sorry, Gem - but that may have something to do with the fact she's seen my reaction and she's forced to mentally review what she's just come out with.
It's normally a few minutes before my wife can stop giggling.

For the final one of this week's Trivial Pursuit-themed Gems, we head back to ancient Greece. Be warned - there is a double whammy ahead, so please do not be drinking or eating when you read it.
I'm serious. That stuff's murder to get out from between the cracks in your keyboard...


Oh. My. Gods.
I warned you, didn't I? Now look at the state of that monitor...
(by the way, just in case you don't know what space hoppers were/are....)

--------------------------------------------------------------

OK folks, another reminder for the free book draw - you still have just over a week to get your name in the hat.
Also, I'm always happy to publish Gems by other people. Come on, I know there have been times when we've all slipped up, or you've been privy to some baffling incident involving a drunken party. Why not drop us a line and tell us all about it - or them.
The email address for both the free draw and Gem submissions is juliesgemsuk@hotmail.co.uk

OK then - tata, have a good weekend and see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment