Monday 16 May 2011

Talking of time spent talking...

I'm going to have to apologise here, I think.

Actually, I think I'm going to have to ask you to take a few stiff drinks (or whatever loosens up those mental muscles for you) before you read today's Gem.
On the other hand, there may be many people who, upon reading this will take it in and wonder just what makes it so special.

And right there is the reason for my apology. I have read it countless times and each time, my brain threatens to turn to cream cheese and dribble out of my ears. The problem is that there is nothing actually wrong with the sentence in any respect. It is grammatically accurate (a first for Julie), it makes good use of various clauses and is, all in all, a perfectly complete sentence.

And yet...
Gah. Just read it, OK? See if you can work out what it is that makes it difficult to follow.




Help please? I have a headache as it is, and this is not helping one bit. And if I have just condemned your own brains to lactic liquefaction, then I really am truly sorry.

(ps - bonus Gem over on the FB fan page as per usual)

No comments:

Post a Comment